View Single Post
      10-20-2013, 07:28 PM   #66
buildbright
Major
Rep
Drives: F80 M3 MG

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billj747 View Post
Supercars and both of your posts are as irrelevant to the OP as cars like an Elise, Atom, X-bow, etc... when looking for a relatively new DD.

If you want to learn how to race, a spec miata would be the best option (or Spec E30) until there's a big enough following in tracked FRS/BRZs. If you want a fun street car, you'd take the better balanced FRS, I would take the more powerful 370 (which can fit a very wide tire under it) and would personally enjoy the power and torque over an FRS. Actually I'd probably take a 5.0 Mustang over either.

Like the 135i, the 370 takes some upgrading to keep the cooling in check for sustained track cars. Some M3 owners are having similar problems on hot days and need upgraded oil coolers to do more than a few laps at a time.

At the end of the day, you know what they say about opinions and arguing on forums -we both gave ours and I disagree with a few that says the 370 is this horrid car. Because it's actually quite good. You can never have it all -power, lightness, torque, capability, price, etc... but IMO a the 370 is a fun street car that has a lot of potential.
I respect your opinion. I think we just like different characteristics.

Yes 135i like a lot of factory cars really likes some more cooling, better brake pads and fluid but for most DE it is fine. You and I both know during HPDE it's so hard to really push the car as it seems you always get behind the slow car.
Appreciate 0