10-20-2013, 05:14 PM   #65
Billj747
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: Everything

Quote:
Originally Posted by buildbright View Post
I didn't put in a super cars in that list so I don't know where that came from. My point is there are tons of sports cars that are lighter and in my opinion better cars.

You said there are few sports cars lighter. I gave you a list. You change it to current production cars. I gave you a list. Now you want cars that are the same price and have more power.

If someone is going to do mostly street driving the FRS/BRZ/Miata is a better car. If your wanting to learn to race FRS/BRZ/Miata is better car. It's best to learn on lighter, lower power, more organic cars.

After driving the new Nissan 370z lineup I can tell you my opinion is it was the worst sports car I have ever driven. The interior felt junky, the car felt heavy, and would just understeer unless you broke the rear tires loose. The engine revved so rough I thought it was blown up.

The nismo edition cost more then a 135i so they are similarly priced and the 135i can be made very fast cheap and has superior balance and handling. If you don't car about weight and just want power buy a V6 mustang or a 1le camaro which offer way more performance and bang for bang then the 370z ever could. I would still recommend a BRZ/FRS.

You may like the Nissan and I can respect that but there are better options out there in my opinion.
Supercars and both of your posts are as irrelevant to the OP as cars like an Elise, Atom, X-bow, etc... when looking for a relatively new DD.

If you want to learn how to race, a spec miata would be the best option (or Spec E30) until there's a big enough following in tracked FRS/BRZs. If you want a fun street car, you'd take the better balanced FRS, I would take the more powerful 370 (which can fit a very wide tire under it) and would personally enjoy the power and torque over an FRS. Actually I'd probably take a 5.0 Mustang over either.

Like the 135i, the 370 takes some upgrading to keep the cooling in check for sustained track cars. Some M3 owners are having similar problems on hot days and need upgraded oil coolers to do more than a few laps at a time.

At the end of the day, you know what they say about opinions and arguing on forums -we both gave ours and I disagree with a few that says the 370 is this horrid car. Because it's actually quite good. You can never have it all -power, lightness, torque, capability, price, etc... but IMO a the 370 is a fun street car that has a lot of potential.
Appreciate 0