View Single Post
      09-08-2013, 02:05 PM   #85
V8FunNaturally
Banned
Rep
Drives: Regensburg Factory E92M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mpatient View Post
First and last v8 m3. Once the new models prevail the e9x m3 will depreciate but then in the coming years when people realize it represents the end of an era, they will be extremely sought after and will suddenly become hard to find. It should hold its value better then the e46 m3. All the new models will depreciate 10k right after driving off the lot.
There is nothing like stepping into a made to order pristine V8 new car straight from the factory (not even mentioning ED). Just took delivery of my end of June produced 2013 ZCP NA M3. I bought it with the intention to keep it and never sell it. I am never returning to buying used cars, getting something with 50k-100k miles on it is just not the same not to mention previous driving history. 7 years from now the F80 M4/3 will go out of production replaced by yet the Gxx gen M3 with a better TC engine. But there will never be another like high revving NA V8 engine pound for pound the best engine ever made from a purely technological/engineering feat and winning best engine international award four year in a row during its production. Brilliant engine, makes brilliant noise. As someone who planned to keep an M3 for a long time the decision was easy.
F/I engines are better for fuel economy and makes lotīs of torque on low rpms, they are cheaper to make, but they arenīt so masterpiece of engineering. Quoting fellow member Grodeo, " People act like FI is new; we've been here before. FI emerges during times of recession and high fuel costs; the relative hedonism of high-revving NA re-emerges as the cycle continues."
Appreciate 0