View Single Post
      07-24-2013, 02:51 PM   #364
mylydiamy
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2008 335i e93 convertible

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Tonka View Post
Men have spent a long time convincing women that what we want from a wife is a mother and a cook.

It'll take some time, but the more we tell them that they have value beyond childbearing the more of these catches will be out there.

My wife makes more than 2x what i do. Gets up at 5am to exercise and then puts in a good 50 hours a week working. Loves our dog but wants nothing to do with having a child.

We decided that if we changed our minds and wanted a child we would adopt an older kid, 10+ years old. We've been married for 10 years and things are just as they were the day we met. 13 years ago.

I would emphasize to the youngsters reading this thread that you should talk about these types of things prior to getting hitched. Kids, work, money, lifestyle, etc... These are the things that will ruin your marriage faster than anything else. Get with someone that's compatible in these areas.
I may add one more thing : Make sure you and future wife have common hobbies such as sports, cars, music, gardening, house projects, watching tv.... Without common hobbies the relation will get boring after a while.
Also do not let sex be the deciding factor! Even it gets boring after a while...
Appreciate 0