View Single Post
      05-01-2013, 10:58 AM   #11
fuddman
Major
Rep
Drives: 528-maybe

Quote:
Originally Posted by enigma01 View Post
The invoice price has nothing to do with the negotiation process. It is set by BMWNA. Please see my response above for details, and you can also verify it with BMWConfig.com if you still have doubts.
I was wrong and you were right. After checking my paperwork, I, indeed, paid 9% off sticker for my ED options which is the amount you said is the rule. Now, I'm beginning to question my skill as a negotiator and wondering if I shouldn't have held out for more!

When I bought mine in 2010, ED invoice deals were had all over the place. The explanation was that the dealer was willing to make $300 on an ED sale because he did not lose an allocation (annual $$) on an ED sale. This, seemingly, limitless 14%-off-sticker access to the M3 assembly line stopped abruptly last year. Assuming that back in those days there was a beneficiary to the ED program, who was that beneficiary? It certainly wasn't the dealer making only few bucks on the sale. And why would it be BMW if they could sell the car in the states at a better price (which they are now doing)? I'm not convinced it was all customer relations. Any thoughts on that?
Appreciate 0