04-30-2013, 07:03 PM   #9
enigma01
Fight On!
United_States
Rep
Drives: e92 M3; g30 530e

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuddman View Post
My CA tried to tell me that, but I discovered others were offering better. In the end, my ED '11 E92 discount was 14% off everything other than GGT,shipping & TTL. I think it depends on the negotiation process.
The invoice price has nothing to do with the negotiation process. It is set by BMWNA. Please see my response above for details, and you can also verify it with BMWConfig.com if you still have doubts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuddman View Post
Interesting. Are you saying "some" dealers will not do ED invoice because they lose money (no CSI ED rebate) while some will get the "CSI rebate" and that those who get the rebate will consider selling at ED invoice?
Nope, that's not what I am saying. ALL dealers have the same cost basis for ED vehicles (ED invoice), and since there isn't any hidden kickbacks (CSI score rebates), some aren't willing to do "mini" deals (i.e. ED invoice + $xxx) while others are still doing them (but these are very hard to come by now).

In reality, they aren't losing any money if they do ED invoice + $xxx; they are just making a lot less money than state-side deals. That's why dealers like Steve Thomas are giving you a healthy discount on state-side deals, but not on EDs.
Appreciate 0