View Single Post
      03-20-2013, 07:51 PM   #73
LarThaL
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2011 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by track_warrior View Post
I hate how car makers are focusing on huge HP numbers and cars are getting fatter and loosing feel. Its ridiculous how much fatter the M3 has gotten over the years. Kind of reminds me why i sold the R35 GT-R, sure it can go very fast but requires minimal effort and skill from the driver to deliver results, i find the M3 more involving even though its still fat. After a while the GT-R got so boring to drive i was fed up with it, the only time it would bring me a smile would be when i punched the accelerator from a stop, i stopped dreaming about driving it and thats when i sold it. Next gen M3 and M4 will surely come standard with 20 inch wheels and the next generation will come with 22 inch wheels and 1000 unusable HP. I really hope car manufacturers cap the HP at what we have right now and focus on making a lighter more precise car.
Could not agree more!!! Just look at what a bloated barge the M5 has become. Seriously, I sat inside one and it felt bigger than my Porsche Cayenne. And the amount of hp is ridiculous. You can't even properly get that power to the ground until you are well into 3rd gear. Think about an M5 that is the size of an e39 M5, with all the lighter materials used today, and a 5 liter NA V8 tuned to about 470hp and like 420lb-ft of torque. That is what the M5 should be. That would be a fantastic car.

Last edited by LarThaL; 03-21-2013 at 07:01 PM..
Appreciate 0