View Single Post
      03-20-2013, 06:59 PM   #72
CptSlow
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2014 Porsche Cayman S

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3takesNYC View Post
Well in reality the R8 V8 is a well-considered a poor mans R8 and a disapointment in performance from any enthusiast familiar.

I personally don't like to own the botton model of any car but more power to you. More show than go is something everyone I have heard talk about the v8 and why audi quickly put a v10 in the car to actually make it perform as well as it looks.

You bought yours used and the used market is a different market in terms of pricing, exclusivity etc so this really only applies to new car buyers
I'd like to weigh in here. I recently had an opportunity to drive a V8 R8 on a very technical track. I didn't even want to drive the R8, I had paid to drive a Gallardo, but didn't fit in it, and so "settled" for the R8. I have NEVER liked the R8. I was totally taken by surprise, and absolutely love it. It was consistently the fastest car on that track. It was WELL ahead of Ferarri's, Lambo's, and and SLS. It just begged to be pushed harder. I am by no means an expert driver, but the R8 just inspired confidence.
2011 E82 128i STEP (wife's car)
2007 E92 335i (SOLD) 6MT
Appreciate 0