Thread: Edmontonians
View Single Post
      03-01-2013, 07:09 PM   #1493
jumpmanballerz
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2007 335xi/2002 m3

Hey guys i joined this forum when i purchased my 07 335xi a few years ago. First time on here since then.
I am from Edmonton and just wanted some advice on my next bmw purchase from local Albertan's!
So i no longer have my 335xi as i sold it. Before that i had a 01 m3. Clearly i miss these cars like crazy and im trying to decide what to buy now.

My budjet is ball park 40k and looking to purchase within next year. Requirements are a manal trans, 4 door and a color i can live with.
Right now i drive a 99 volvo which can either be a winter beater or i could sell it if i get a car i can drive in Alberta winters.

My dream has always been e9x M3. So its either go for one now or slowly work my way up to one.
I dont want force myself into a high km M3 just because thats all i can afford and suffer through expensive maintance or potential problems.

So the options i have been thinking about.
1. Keep volvo for winter and get 08-09 m3 used for around 40-50k
2. Get into a 2011 335i. There is a few for sale in 35-40k range that i really like
It seems like i could drive the 335i in the winter from what i hear?
3. Get a 2011 335xi and sell volvo.
4. I took a test drive in a 335d which was actually a very nice ride, and the amazing fuel economy with the high power and handling impressed me enough to consider forgoing the manual if i went that route.

Any feedback you could provide on your experiences with any of these cars would be very helpful!
Thanks
Appreciate 0