View Single Post
      02-19-2013, 06:08 PM   #12
w00tw00t
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 MW M4

haha thanks guys... I drove some twisties today to adjust the seat.. and chris you're right the seat was too high. I got rid of the sliders and adjusted it perfectly to my seating position, then bolted it in. So now it is truly a fixed seat.. its super low .. line of sight from my eye hits the lower 1/3 of the windshield.. With the slider there was a slight forward/back play in the seat which is now 100% gone.

Let me say.. this made a 50000% improvement. Here's what has improved - some of this is surprising to me:
- I felt much more connected to the car, I could feel every bump and I could feel all the subtle weight transfers... I think this will help me a lot at the track
- Ofcourse goes without saying that I was absolutely planted like a rock (even without the harness) - I could focus on driving not staying seated
- Which led me to be super confident in my turn ins..
- This is dumb and totally mental but I feel much more in control of the car, the car feels slightly faster .. I felt totally "one with the car" .. yeah its kinda silly but the car started to feel much more like a part of me..

all in all - this was the best money I've spent on my car in ages..

but one word in warning - this is really, truly only for track rats or those true hard core enthusiasts who truly enjoy hard driving.. those who live, dream and pursue that lap time and squeezing the last second out. not for posers unless you don't mind sacrificing lots of comfort and cushiness.

Last edited by w00tw00t; 02-19-2013 at 06:25 PM..
Appreciate 0