View Single Post
      01-31-2013, 02:19 PM   #32
jjw2331
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2011 JtBlk e92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by e92zero View Post
Just did my tranny and diff oil change. Want to say thank you to the OP for the spray bottle idea! So much easier and cleaner than those screw on pump thingy. And cheaper too!
I'm glad you like it! I just learned another way recently which involves a tube and funnel that gets fed through the engine bay. You just pour fluid into the funnel. Next time I change my fluid, I'll be sure to update.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dellort_M3 View Post
I think it's different on DCT vs 6MT cars. I heard that DCT transmission oil is lifetime which is why dealerships may refuse to offer that, but for 6MT cars, the tans oil is changed at 30k. Can anyone confirm?
You're right. DCT is lifetime according to BMW. But a member on here changed his DCT fluid since he tracks his car a lot. ECS tuning sells the fluid in 20 liter jugs. He even did a blackstone oil analysis but the lack of multiple samples makes it hard to decide what is normal and what is bad.

The 6-speed transmission is not lifetime and needs to be changed. I recommend every 30K based off Mike Miller's "Old school maintenance schedule".
Appreciate 0