View Single Post
      07-25-2012, 10:33 PM   #2
e92_m3
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2009 e92 m3

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdosu View Post
I have my 6MT M3, and have been driving it for 2 years and i never was able to get comfortable with my seating position. I grip the knob like you would grip a bar and NOT the over-hand over the top. (no this is not my first MT, but yes it is my first E9X car)

When I shift to 2nd and 4th, my elbow hits the center console/storage box (the right side too if I slide the left console back). Recently, I just simply flip it open, and my elbow doesn't hit and I shift much more smoothly.

I'm 5'10", I don't have a disproportionate torso or freakishly long forearms, I don't sit too low or too high, but for me the center box is just not ergonomically designed well. Anyone else annoyed by this too?
Hmmm, I also have a 6MT and don't experience what you mentioned on the m3. Try changing how you grip the shift knob. Try the over-hand grip where you cover the numbers with your palm. That might help.

Btw, I also did the bar grip technique on my old galant that came with a large console. My elbow hit it as well. When I changed my grip to the over-hand style, I never hit my elbow on the console any longer.

Hellaflush? All I could say is "effyo'flush","flushnuff", and Instead of 'illest', I'm calling it "faillest". It's just form over function nowadays...
-END RANT
Appreciate 0