View Single Post
      07-12-2012, 09:21 AM   #13
Gearhead999s
Major General
Rep
Drives: RR Velar R=Dynamic M2C R1200GS

Quote:
Originally Posted by paradocs98 View Post
More good advice--thanks. I'm wondering if my RaceKeeper system isn't entirely accurate in its RPM readings. I say this because I know from the shift lights and the soft cut-out that I was hitting the rev limiter at certain points on the track, and this isn't reflected in the video/data. The data I get on my computer is much more detailed than what I include on the YouTube posting--it records and graphs intake temps, oil temps, coolant temps, engine load calc, rpm, etc. from the OBD port, inline/lateral/vertical G's from the unit's accelerometer, and speed and position/track mapping from the GPS antenna. I've found, though, that the system reads throttle position as 75% when it is in fact wide open. That's why the green throttle bar on the video only goes 3/4 of the way up and stays there when I'm flat on the gas. So the RPM readings off of the OBD port may be similarly inaccurate. I try to wait until at least 7500 rpm or so before shifting, and yet the video data would indicate I'm short-shifting as low as the 6000s at times...

Have you been to the Glen in recent months? Our event organizers warned us to stay off of the exit curbing in turn 1 because they said it was recently raised and would upset the car. Maybe it can still be used partially, though?

I'll refer back to this thread when I go up to the Glen next time so I can employ some of the tips. So I have a reference, what are your typical lap times there for an E9X M3? Thanks again.
I was there at the end of June and will be there again on July 30 & 31st with Phoenix CMR whom are a great group to run with I find the curbing from 1-2 to be quite useful.I saw a lot of the fast guys using it even in setting up for 2!We would get blackflagged if you had more than 2 wheels off the track at that point.I was running 2.16-2.17s when I was alone in the car which was rare as I usually end up with students in the car which seems to result in times in the high teens .I am running on a 275 square NT05 setup with the same Stoptech 380/355 RS29 setup as you which is great though I seem to have some pad knockback after the bus stop.
Appreciate 0