06-06-2012, 03:36 PM   #38
Mr. ///M3 RD
Happy Camper
Canada
Rep
Drives: C63 AMG & 280 SL on Weekends :

Garage List
Very interesting article!

This past week my best friend (he drives and rebuilds Corvettes, has 3 of them besides other cars) from out west came to see us. We been planning a trip to Bowling Green, Kentucky for the past 2 years and finally did it. We had a super time at both the Henry Ford Museum and then the VIP Corvette Factory and Museum Tour in Bowling Green.

Anyway, when he drove my M3 (a M-DCT) and was cursing at 125 KM/Hr (77.7 MPH) near 2,800 RPM he mentioned ...

"This is a great car I love it, it could use another gear"

My friend is a mehanic and a great one at that (having taken cars apart as well as engines then rebuild them like new), I found what he said quite interesting coming from a Corvette lover. Also, it seams to agree with this article somewhat. Perhaps there will be more gears in the future. I like my M-DCT and not realy miss my former MT M3's

PS. Sometime soon I shall add a link to photos we took during our visit to the candy stores (factories and museums ~ as well to the local car show here in London, Ontario known as the Country Cruse Extravaganza ---> Click for a taste here

Look for photos to follow soon

BTW .... we averaged near 30 MPG on our 2000 KM (1,243 Mile) roundtrip, it sure surprised little old me something to be said for this ///M3 mostly expressway driving.

Life will take us to some interesting places, fortunately The ///M3 will too with a many of us know this very well, now my C6.3 AMG with 487 HP does it too
---> Click here for some good stuff I found

Last edited by Mr. ///M3 RD; 06-06-2012 at 03:41 PM.. Reason: Added the link to the Car Show
Appreciate 0