Echo M3
Major
No_Country
Rep
Drives: E90 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sleeper519 View Post
^^^ This, exactly.

I still love love my M3 but have lusted after the Cayman R recently, too.

I track my M3 though, and really appreciate the practicality of loading up my DD with all my track wheels, tools, jack, canopy, cooler, etc, and going to a weekend event. All the Porsche guys are jealous when I show up and dump all that crap out in the paddock (sort of like that old schtik with the dozen clowns getting out of a Volkswagon beetle). They have to trailer it (heaven forbid) or skimp on all the track gear.

I'm not really a vert guy, but if I lived in Cali I might go for the Spyder, too!
Good point. It is awesome, how much we can fit in our cars. It's great to observe , over the past three years, all the bemused and surprised looks from other cars as I drive by with all sorts of crap loaded into the back seats and trunk: plants, bedposts, wheels, track supplies, camping gear, suitcases, etc.

At the same time, I only go to the track 2-3 times a year, at most. So, as Mkoesel rightly pointed out, it does not make sense to own a four-seater if I really do not need it. I can always rent an SUV or borrow a friend's car for these sorts of mundane trips. And if I ever move out of one of the worst cities in the world for a driving enthusiast, I will certainly get a second car for the 'extra' duties.

Quote:
Originally Posted by clar View Post
I feel the same for the V8 in our M3. I fear if i get a 991 C2S, i might miss the S65 so badly i would regret the move...
I don't know how I feel about the new C2S. I love it from an aesthetic point of view. However, I fear that the 911 is going the way of the M3 (larger, longer wheelbase, more isolated driving experience). As far as the 911 is concerned, to have the same driving experience as a Cayman R or Boxster spyder, you would need to move to the GT3, which is at a completely different price point.
Appreciate 0