View Single Post
      05-27-2012, 07:12 PM   #24
Projectile
Second Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2017 M3

Turns out I don't have a flat tire.

While I was driving through a new community in the midst of construction yesterday, a warning referring to the Flat Tire Monitor chimed in along with a warning that DSC could not be active due to a malfunction. I figured that I had run over a nail or screw, and that because the low tire would be a different size than its counterpart on the other side of the car, DSC and ABS wouldn't work properly and were disabled. I was close to home, and everything felt fine, so I just drove into my garage. This morning, when I looked at the tires, the passenger front wheel looked low, but it was an illusion created by it being turned towards that wheel sharply in combination with the front tires being so low profile. I check the pressures and they are all fine, and i just went for a drive and everything certainly seems fine.

I did get those warnings again, though. Nevertheless, I was low on gas (and there was fuel reserve warning indicator as well), so I decided to go on a short drive to get some. Interestingly, after filling the tank with gas and starting the engine again, all warnings disappeared, and now, the system all checks out "ok".