05-03-2012, 10:30 AM   #13
BMWJ
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2011 E92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruce.augenstein@comcast. View Post
Love this.

Just enough to piss off the I-measure-my-self-esteem-by-what-I-drive M3 crowd with only a small badge.

Reminds me of the time I pulled up next to a chrome yellow (yes!) Pontiac Aztek. I looked over as I often do when viewing hideous cars in order to see if the driver is in any way obviously stricken with a horrible illness or birth defect (they always look completely normal), and the guy gives me a giant grin.

Our windows are down, and since I am now starting to get the gist, I say "Well, gotta say you have real balls.", and he says "I pretty much get entertained on every drive, everywhere I go.", which absolutely cracks me up.

I saluted him before we parted company.

Or:

Way back when, a friend of mine purchased a Saab Turbo. This was back when Saabs were quirky and very cool, and he had some kind of limited production model (they were all blue, as I recall), with increased boost amongst other things. I remember it had enough torque steer in first or second gear to cause inadvertent doughnuts at full throttle.

In any event, he purposefully replaced the rear mud flaps with a pair of those Yosemite Sam "BACK OFF" models. From then on, he would get disapproving looks, outright glares or even nasty words from the Saab cognoscenti. He would just give everyone a big smile and a thumbs up, which tended to piss them off even more.

Wonderful.

Bruce
Agreed. Nothing funnier than seeing a BMW owner get upset by this stuff. All the more reason to do it.
Appreciate 0