View Single Post
      07-16-2007, 08:26 PM   #45
Mvez
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2013 M3 coupe

This entire debate is exactly why many think we will see an M-version of the upcoming 1-series coupe. This will be the "entry" M car and will certainly outperform a 335i out of the box. I think the 135i is a dual purpose car for BMW, in which it will be both their "entry" BMW car, and also their smallest, most sporting model for the enthusiasts. Since the M3 will be pushing 65-70K with options, BMW understands they need an M-car in the 45-50K range.

Hell, the 135i is going to easily outperform the 335i, and with added features such as 6 piston front brake calipers, and other trick equipment, if you can't afford an M3, the 335i won't even be on the radar.

The most logical choice for anyone who doesn't want to spend 65K on a new M3, is to simply wait a year or so and buy a used one for about the same price of a brand new, decked out 335i. Let somebody else take the initial depreciation hit, and handle any new car recalls or service issues related to production, and then you get the added benefit of the CPO warranty which is actually better than the original new warranty. Of course that would make too much sense I suppose.

I will simply continue to enjoy my E46 M3 until the right used E92 M3 comes along, just as I enjoyed my E36 M3 previous to my E46. Patience really does have its benefits.

Pervez
Appreciate 0