View Single Post
      07-15-2007, 01:24 PM   #135
BruceWain
Private
Rep
Drives: You Crazy

Quote:
Originally Posted by mintenasi View Post
Yeap, good excuses. Still, the fact that the RS4 is better than the M3 for the last 2 years is not because Audi is late to the show, but is because BMW is so slow refreshing it's line I actually find it weird. 7 Years for a car? If I take a loan for a car is max 5 years (yes u can get 7, but that's not likely), people are changing cars every 3-4 years usually (if they can afford doing so, of course), so waiting 7 years for a new car is embarrassing. Everybody knew the RS4 will show up on that date, so why BMW didn't come up with something faster? Smart or stupid, the RS4 won every single competition out there for the last 2 years straight. That means the M3 wasn't such a big king lately. And now with the new model, even if the car will be faster than the RS4, is an embarrassment how little faster it is. In every single review you can find out there, nobody says it will beat the crap out of anybody. Everybody feels bad about the new model, some even saying the old one was better in many ways. So if that is all BMW can jump up with I am glad I am an Audi fan. One way or another, the BMW lost it's status, "the king" is no more. You guys can say whatever, but there is a new C 63 AMG that will smoke your M3 easily (rwd-no quattro loss, but with 30 hp more). So if not losing to the RS4 completely, just wait for a comparison with the (probably new king) C-Class.

Anyway, so many bad review out there, you gotta trust some. You can be a fan and close your eyes, but I keep reading them, I just don't feel the new M3 is meeting the expectations. Great car, but not enough, not for an M3, not for current competition.

All those words and you are saying NOTHING.
Tha last AMG C, (which was a V8) had 30+ more HP then the E46 m3 as well.

Fact is all you Audi fans signed onto a BMW board for what ?
FEAR
Appreciate 0