07-15-2007, 01:02 PM   #134
ruff
Conspicuous consumption
Rep
Drives: 987 S .2, Lemond Zurich

Quote:
Originally Posted by mintenasi View Post
M3 fans - read this:

The biggest letdown - and it's a huge one - is the steering. Whereas other 3-series (and all previous M3s) read the road surface to your fingertips, the M3 is frustratingly numb on center. It transmits only the largest of messages, and effort is too light and doesn't build naturally. The ratio is wonderfully quick but, to add insult to injury, the M3's turning radius feels vastly larger than any other 3-series.

If you wanna feel really bad, you can follow the link to read the full article.

I NEVER found such a review about the RS4, although it's out for more than 2 years now. Looks like the new M3 lost it ... completely. The New King: Audi RS4. Actually not new, 2 years old, sorry.
I am a M3 fan and I am reading. Nice to see an Audi fan here. It looks like you enjoy stirring the pot on the M3 forum. Love the RS 4 myself, but as an FWY, August's Car and Driver, for what it is worth, reported in reference to track times at VIR with the BMW 335 vs The RS 4 the following:

"The BMW was almost one second quicker around VIR, despite dramatically lower peak speeds on the straights. The RS 4 simply overloads its tires too quickly when the steering wheel is turned. If it weren't for the the four-wheel-drive system ensuring that the power can be applied early at corner exit, the RS 4 would have been farther behind the competition in the LL3 class."

I would personally take an RS 4 over the 335 for all around performance. However, I would presume the e90M3 would have significantly faster times around Virginia International Speedway than even the 335 given its higher horsepower, higher red line, and most importantly it's LSD.
Appreciate 0