03-07-2012, 10:11 AM   #14
Bubbles
Brigadier General
Cayman Islands
Rep
Drives: Green Bastard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sleeper519 View Post
Nice job. Didn't the BBK kit come with SS lines?

I thought it was interesting that you don't fill the pressure bleeder with fluid, just refill the reservoir periodically. Any advantages? I may try this just to keep the bleeder hoses from getting all gooey.
I bought my BBK used (front only), so I don't blame the seller for not wanting to deal with the mid-lines. I did swap all brakes to SS lines (including the stock rear calipers) I don't fill the pressure bleeder because I believe if you factor in clean up time, not filling the pressure bleeder saves you time. Plus, I like to keep my risk of brake fluid spillage to a single location and I think it adds to the longevity of the bleeder's hoses.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LiM3y View Post
I have tried both methods and now just refill the reservoir and use the power bleeder to provide pressure. If you use hose clamps (I put a ball valve in the bleeder hose), you can keep the pressure in the bottle while you top off the reservoir in between bleeds.
Interesting, but I'm conservative and release the pressure completely between fills, again just a cost benefit to me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by THE TECH View Post
Also, which Motive bleeder cap are you using? I need to buy the Euro one for mine and they make two different ones.
I believe it's the Motive European "Black Label", it's not the one that comes with the bleeder.