02-17-2012, 01:56 PM   #3
Brainofjjj
Astronaut
Bahamas
Rep
Drives: car

Quote:
Originally Posted by persian54 View Post
First question: Why would you get an alignment when you are going to get GC Camber plates? You should have installed the springs and plates at the same time, and then gotten an alignment afterwards.

No, this doesn't make sense.

When I had my Dinan springs installed, the tech couldn't get the alignment right.
about -1.2 on one side, -2+ on the other
The reason for this was he installed them incorrectly.
MRF engineering fixed his mistake, and when I went on a Hunter Alignment machine, I was able to get my alignment dialed in.
so -2.5 both Fronts. (my rear never had an issue, -2 on both sides), I forgot my toe settings (I think neutral toe F, a little in the rear)
point is... my alignment was off for a couple of days, but I had 0 errors, no lights, nothing. The car just drove a little awkwardly (obviously)

It doesn't make sense for their to be DSC malfunction etc just cause your alignment is off. it DOES make sense if the install was done incorrectly.

You should have the install checked, either by the shop that did it, or another shop
Good question. I should have said i wasn't going to get them but did AFTER i got the alignment since it was so outta whack.

So far as the install being wrong. Can you think of anything that could have been installed wrong? I mean it's just spring and some height adjusters right.
Appreciate 0