View Single Post
      12-06-2011, 04:36 PM   #15
TXmtrhed
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: VO 1M

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3 Adjuster View Post
Our chapte (and probably Houston as well) has been focusing on doing these events as Street Survival events which are geared towards teen drivers... http://streetsurvival.org/

.. we will try and have an event like this as a Car Control clinic for the older kiddies in 2012. Some chapters of BMW CCA (typically those where the track is in HIGH demand... like VIR for example) make it a pre-requisite that one do a Car Control Clinic prior to a DE..
FYI,
The LSRPCA offers a one day clinic, they call it their Performance Driving School. I went last fall in my 335 and had a blast. They are having another clinic this weekend at the Houston Police Academy that I am attending. Even though I've been on the track several times I still feel this will be of benefit to me (different car this time too), besides, it is a lot of fun.

BTW, the Houston BMWCCA canceled their clinic (last weekend?) due to lack of interest.

You don't have to be a member to attend but non PCA members do have to pay extra. Last I looked there was more volunteers and instructors than students for this Saturday so I would expect there to be room for more students. Sign up is through ClubRegistration.net.
Appreciate 0