United_States
Rep
Drives: ex-M

Garage List
2013 BMW M3 ZCP  [10.00]
2003 BMW M5  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by iw_miked View Post
Best way to accelerate (using the Sequential mode)?
Sometimes, when I press about 50-60% on the gas, my acceleration is not smooth and starts to (not really stutter) but bounce? As if my foot is not steady enough on the gas pedal so it bounces back and forth. What are some techniques to help with this? Is it my foot? Or should I be slamming it all the way down each time? Or, maybe a better position for my foot? Like heel all the at the bottom of the pedal?
Make sure the "power" button is off. All it does is make the gas pedal more sensitive and twitchy.

Quote:
What DCT Program do most people use for normal driving? And for fun?
I have been switching between D mode 3 and D mode 1. D mode 1 I like cause it's really "chill" but lately I like D mode 3 cause I like the feel of the acceleration.
For the fun stuff, I have on my M-setting set to Sequential Mode 5. Haven't explored DSC off enough to set my M-setting to Mode 6 just yet. :P
I like S4 for normal driving. It will do the rev matching which is part of the fun! I use the paddles or stick all the time now.

Once you've done your 1200 mile break in and had the service, drive up into the higher revs. That's where the S65 magic happens!

Quote:
The RPM LED Lights not working?
So, when I have my M mode 5 enabled, I have it set to turn on the RPM LED lights, but I don't see them light up. I saw them light up once, and it went to the 2nd light and then went off. Is there something I'm doing wrong? Bug in the software?
Same note about higher revs. Lights don't come on until you're close to redline.

Quote:
Any other tips?
Best methods for turning, shifting, etc?
Get thee to a HPDE! And have fun!
Appreciate 0