View Single Post
      11-03-2011, 08:54 PM   #8
Denk
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2021 X5M

Best way to accelerate (using the Sequential mode)?
Sometimes, when I press about 50-60% on the gas, my acceleration is not smooth and starts to (not really stutter) but bounce? As if my foot is not steady enough on the gas pedal so it bounces back and forth. What are some techniques to help with this? Is it my foot? Or should I be slamming it all the way down each time? Or, maybe a better position for my foot? Like heel all the at the bottom of the pedal?

I've never experienced any "bounce". I came from an e46 w/SMG and that taught me good right foot control. Maybe it's there but I can't find any fault with DCT except for lag going into 1st from reverse. The DCT is super smooth to me on take off, does it happen all the time or when the car is cold?

What DCT Program do most people use for normal driving? And for fun?
I have been switching between D mode 3 and D mode 1. D mode 1 I like cause it's really "chill" but lately I like D mode 3 cause I like the feel of the acceleration.

I alway drive in M mode, play with settings to see what feels best for you. S4 minimum=rev match dwn shifts. A nice performance exhaust really brings out the good stuff put out by the S65 engine.

The RPM LED Lights not working?
So, when I have my M mode 5 enabled, I have it set to turn on the RPM LED lights, but I don't see them light up. I saw them light up once, and it went to the 2nd light and then went off. Is there something I'm doing wrong? Bug in the software?

I'd go a little easy until 1200 mi's, then open it up. It might be software controlled until you hit 1200 mi's...not sure though.
Appreciate 0