Mr. ///M3 RD
Happy Camper
Canada
Rep
Drives: C63 AMG & 280 SL on Weekends :

Garage List
... and My M3 e92 Story short and sweet

and ... my M3 e92 Story short and sweet

In 2007 we moved from the mid west to eastern Canada for family reasons. Rather then shipping my M3 I drove her some 3,000 plus KM eastward. During that drive I had a lot of time to think and came to the conclusion that one-day I have to part with this fine automobile. Well in 2009 I made a boys trip to Germany to visit the following factories and museums; VW, Porsche, Mercedes and BMW. It was a great experience (some day I will post photos). Anyway, I managed to be in München on May 9th 2009 when BMW first showed the sDrive Z4 to the public. There were sDrive Z4’s all over the place at Die Welt and in the building to the left of the main entrance to Die Welt.

Needless to say I fell in love with that little 2 seat sports car and promised myself that I will get it. When I returned to Canada the love at first site (so to speak) had cooled down just a bit. I ended up getting a yearend Z4 30is at a very good price. Once again … I told my wife about this fine car and great deal so off I went … came back home and told her I got it. There was turbulence between us for a few hours then all settled down. My excuse of course was the M3 will be my winter car and the Z4 my summer toy. I drove the Z4 for a few months then things kept falling off that car (the housing around the rear view mirror – the plastic section just above the ashtray). This somewhat poor quality and the memory of that slick retractable hard top on the sDrive Z4 35i with the IV6 twin turbo started me to look for other things. Once orders came down to depart with the M3 since it created a traffic jam in my drive way the M3 had to go in the spring of 2010 ☹

Soon I found a nice very low mileage sDrive Z4 35i and traded the Z4 30is. My excuse at that time was “well the M3 is gone this will be my summer and winter car” I got away with it ☺ We had a great trip to the west coast, I did Route 66, starting in Chicago all the way to Flagstaff then the Hoover Dam, Vegas, the Mohave desert, Napa Vine Valley, and the very scenic Coastal Highway #1 – once I turned inland I experienced some issues that shortened my vacation trip (2 cracked rear wheels) and later made me trade the sDrive Z4 35i back in for my now M3 e92. My solid excuse of course was “well I am retired, worked hard for my money and plan to take a lot of trips, why should I worry about wheels cracking and searching for run flat tires in small town America where my tires will blow or my wheels seam to crack?”

So I am back in my M3 and a happy now camper …

Life will take us to some interesting places, fortunately The ///M3 will too with a many of us know this very well, now my C6.3 AMG with 487 HP does it too
---> Click here for some good stuff I found

Last edited by Mr. ///M3 RD; 11-03-2011 at 06:24 PM.. Reason: small edit
Appreciate 0