View Single Post
      11-02-2011, 01:34 PM   #53
Malfunction
Private
Rep
Drives: 2015 Porsche GTS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rolf-Dieter View Post
This is what the forum is all about for us to help one another Hope you make the right decision. In my case I did not research the Z4 very well and it cost me a few thousand dollars before I realized I made a mistake and should have moved directly from a M3 e46 into another M3 the now e92 I have.

The sDrive Z4 35i I had before was a great car don't get me wrong. I wanted it simply for the experience of a convertible since we had a trip planned to the west coast. The trip was fantastic, only I got bitten by 2 rear cracked wheels (one changed by BMW the other cost me $700- long story I don't want to talk about anymore).

Bottom line, should you decide for a Z4 make sure it does not have OEM Wheels Style 296 (quite a few have cracked - make a search and you find out). Also change the RFT to Non-RFT a lot of Z4 drivers have done this.

Most of all think about what you need the car for ... the better one and more practical one by a long shot is the M3 or if it is a matter of money check out the 1M (there is a forum dedicated here to the fellows with the new 1M)

Good luck.
Yes, I'm very aware of the 296 issue. I think I have read every post on the Z4 forum. Thanks for the heads up.

I have never had such a hard time making a decision before, this is harder for me than buying my home. The big problem is that all three cars are great, they all have their pro's and cons. I also find that they are not directly comparable. Anyway, I don't want to get off topic here, this thread is not about me not being able to make a decision.
Appreciate 0