View Single Post
      10-06-2011, 09:39 AM   #75
ragingclue
One cam is enough
Rep
Drives: VF

Quote:
Originally Posted by sillygoat View Post
Millions of people bought the iphone 4 last year… it would be dumb for them not to let people upgrade early… considering the fact that the iphone 4s isnt much of a change from iphone 4, a lot of people arent going to be buying the iphone 4s right away and resulting in them losing money. Im not saying that the iphone 4s isnt going to sell because for sure it will do good. But it still will affect their sales expectations. If the new iphone 5 comes out and we bought the iphone 4s.. are they expecting us to pay the $250 again...?
Yes.

This is the way Apple works. They do an especially good job of building perceived obsolescence into previous iPhones once a new version comes out. This isn't a big deal though, as iPhones tend to hold their value incredibly well (relatively speaking). I haven't been in the game since I sold my 3GS (had the original and the 3G before that), but if you JB'd and unlocked the phone, it was worth way more than you paid for it (especially selling to T-Mo users). I don't know if that has changed, but if you negate the service contract (which would have existed whether or not I had the iPhone), I made money on all of them.
Appreciate 0