View Single Post
      09-21-2011, 01:11 AM   #16
aus
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Odysse

radsmd's frustration stems from being fast, but it was his first time there, so he was in C group. Then he had an instructor who wouldn't let him engage MDM and he was feeling his DSC limiting him. Then he got different instructor the next 2 sessios, who obviously didn't know him, so he didn't get a chance to gain their trust and let him go as fast as he felt comfortable going.

I had the opposite experience. Martin was slowly pushing me to go faster in certain parts of the track because he had all the sessions with me and I had shown him that I knew the track and gained his confidence.
I've done AAA about 7 days now and was still able to gain considerable speed this time because of all the laps we got in and because Martin was really telling me where I could go faster. That only happened because he felt I was up to it because of all the sessions together.

That's the one thing about the CCA events. Some instructors are much more conservative than others, while some push you after a few laps of seeing how you drive. I can't blame the more conservative ones; they have some HUGE cajones to sit right seat with a total stranger and tell them to drive around a race track. I thought Martin was crazy when he was telling me to go flat out from the exit of the penis turn through the front chicanes, but it worked, and felt great.

Let me get this straight... You are swapping out parts designed by some of the top engineers in the world because some guys sponsored by a company told you it's "better??" But when you ask the same guy about tracking, "oh no, I have a kid now" or "I just detailed my car." or "i just got new tires."
Appreciate 0