View Single Post
      08-19-2011, 01:30 PM   #22
KANdaddy
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 22 M3C XDrive-Ind Grey Blk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Motorin Mark View Post
I drove a X6M last year and thought it was a friggin hoot. Can you explain a bit further what you dislike about your X6?
Well coming from an M3, it is just no fun to dive. I used to love to drive. Any excuse, even just a block away, to drive the M3 and I'd take it. I used to drive it just to unwind on the weekends. Always got excited just looking at the M3 as I walked up to it or enjoying the thumbs up from other poeple.

Now some of the folks here probably think I am dumb b/c they think an e90 M3 should be a good family car. But as my daughter is growing and having other interests (skiing for example) the M3 was just not cutting it in storage or winter driving department. Now the X6 does look awesome and I do get a lot of looks as it is rare to see them around, but that is where it ends. It is just not that fun to drive and I'd never go drive it just for the hell of it. I did drive an X6M and agree...it is a blast....but the pricepoint is a joke. That and I need the gas mileage to be reasonable as I commute in my X6. I was always able to get "decent" mileage from the M3 as well.

I did not opt for the X5 because I drove it and hated it. It felt huge and heavy. Not at all like my previous X5, an 05, which felt very car-like and was fun to drive. The X6 is a lot more sporty and nimble compared to the current X5. But now that the honeymoon is over, it's not nearly as fun as I had originally thought. Oh well...live and learn. If I had to do again, I would have gotten an Explorer or 4Runner and kept the M3 for a fun car. I am on the passive lookout for a cheaper, high mileage e92 M3 for a weekend car so I am sure I will run into one that I like eventually. Until then X6 =