View Single Post
      07-12-2011, 06:52 PM   #67
DefBringer
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 07 335i coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAERD TEW View Post
I've got the M3 on my mind for quite sometime (prefer German over American any day) ... Cousin of mine has the GT 5.0 with everything in it. Always hear a weird whining noise in 1st, 2nd and 3rd. Do you hear that in your car as well? Also, "there's no replacement for displacement," the M3 gets away with the 90+ torque differential because its built with every bit of the everyday driver in mind. The feel of the inside of the 'Stang is just as cheap as the price tag suggests.

When I get my M3, my NYS Lic Plate will read, "STANGDIS", look out for it everyone. No offense to anyone who drives a Mustang, just my cousin who owns one.
I don't have any gear whine in my car. That's not something that comes up on the Mustang forums either, unlike the 1st-2nd shift issue that some of these cars have problems with. (not mine)

I'm close to 8000 miles on my GT and it is still tight as a drum. I pocketed a clean $20k in savings over the M3 for a car that lacks only in prestige and looks but is the equal or the superior in all other aspects. Both cars are very late in their life cycle, I'm sitting on my wallet until the C7 Corvette, F30 M3, and the Porsche 991 Carrera S. All of these cars are going to be major updates, especially the M3.
Appreciate 0