05-17-2010, 08:49 AM   #82
niqui
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: Jet Black E92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpencerM3 View Post
Funny you say this.

I too thought that the whole over sized watch craze that started a few years ago would die out, but it hasn't. Now most Panerais are like 44mm so that isn't too big unlike some stupid Jacob & Co or Grahamn's that are 48-56mm+!

Panerai has had an amazing resurgence in the past 10 years, i do not see the brand dying out anytime soon at all. It has arguablly the most loyal followers, "Panerisiti" than any other brand. Additionally considering that most Panerais are made in 1000-2000 piece runs per year, they really aren't as played out as some suggest.

Lastly, someone was arguing the whole M3/Accord thing and mentioned what;s the difference from a Panerai to a Timex? Bull shit, A) Timex'es are cheap quartz p.o.s.'s and B) are made by machines, Panerais are automatic or manual movements and are hand made in very limited quantities. I too agree that when drivers of high end cars call out people on expensive watch purchases, is really no different than just buying an economical Honda or Toyota.
agreed that it has lasted much longer than i thought...but ive had mine for nearly 8 years and am seeing them more and more frequently, no problem, but still.
i think it is moving to big black watches - big watches are still in but the distinctive luminor case or rad case will soon be very common in my opinion...which bothers some ...still have a soft spot for the 8 day reserve and california, dont know why.
not a great movement but you are paying for the look and such, i am happy with it. i dont think audemars compare to this 6k watch...