View Single Post
      12-07-2011, 07:14 PM   #34
Gearhead999s
Major General
Rep
Drives: RR Velar R=Dynamic M2C R1200GS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rolf-Dieter View Post
How dare you even say such a thing? You don't know me other then saying hello on the track as I recall. I have a Phd in Mechanical Engineering earned in Germany after a 4 year hands on apprenticeship and 9 years university. I've owned many cars in my life and over 60% of them worked on them myself.

In case you have not read my previous post my concern is rusted parts and components as described by Nick something you seam to completely overlook.

The post is about rusted brakes what makes you the expert to certify break components you have not seen as roadworthy? Are you really prepared to blindly give this advise to someone without having seen a rusted brake the associated components thereof and the ramifications advise like yours might bring?
Have a nice day Rolf!I stand by my previous statement.My knowlege is from day to day experiance on cars that have been built in the last few years.Rebedding the brakes properly will probally solve the issue and is worth a shot if Porsche will not pay the tab.More info here.

http://www.stoptech.com/technical-su...nd-other-myths
Appreciate 0