01-28-2013, 02:04 AM   #53
aus
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Odysse

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigjae1976 View Post
I did the comparison this weekend. I have to measure my pads and rotors tomorrow.

I like ST SR34s for the track and I like them better than the Pagid Yellows as far as performance. I shaved almost 2 seconds from Sat to Sun. Some of that was my NT01s getting a little grippier. I was braking later with more confidence. They were also easier to modulate and trail brake. The pagids were grabby but as I buried they pedal, it seemed that the torque was constant. These SR34s seems to add in torque as you squeeze the pedal. I'm a PF01 fan so if you like the PF01s, then the Stoptech racing SR34s are an excellent alternative without the noise (so far).

The bad, they are super touchy when cold and on the street. Its almost undrivable in stop and go traffic for me.

I'm more concerned about wear rates though...more on that tomorrow.
Thanks for the update. Sounds like a winner. Would you stick to the same compound if you were buying again?

Let me get this straight... You are swapping out parts designed by some of the top engineers in the world because some guys sponsored by a company told you it's "better??" But when you ask the same guy about tracking, "oh no, I have a kid now" or "I just detailed my car." or "i just got new tires."
Appreciate 0