View Single Post
      12-22-2013, 10:13 AM   #3
V8FunNaturally
Banned
Rep
Drives: Regensburg Factory E92M3

Interesting.. I agree with some of yours but not all:

-power switches position too far forward agreed. But it is relatively minor. Plus I always never open windows. I want to keep the interior new, no dust coming in from the windows.

-No way to switch off the mirror auto-dimming function. I find that it dims too much to the point that the mirrors can be useless while driving on dark highways.
Agree but i found the auto-dimming is fine after you get used to it, you do see car headlights well enough.

- No OFF button for the AC.
Agreed. My 1992 nissan maxima SE beat the AC on the M3 both in controls and effectiveness.

-No way to link both driver and passenger temp control into one knob.
I didn't know that since I have a 2013. That sure is unforgivable.

-No intermittent wiper function. You are stuck with the rain sensing wiper functionality. that's ok if it worked properly, but it doesn't. For some reason, very tiny droplets of rain are not detected by the sensor and can accumulate and almost blind your vision before the wipers are activated. It's not too bad with larger drops of water, but always happens to me in very light rain.

Well, mine works perfectly even in light drizzle so not complaining on that.

-The tachometer is too small and offset to the side instead of being large and at the centre of the instrument cluster like it should. It makes it very hard to keep it in the peripheral vision while driving. And let's not mention the inexcusable and inexplicable lack of proper shift lights on the manual cars. Both of these problems are inexcusable on a so-called "driver's car".

I fail to understand, the tachometer is plenty big.
shift lights, i did not even realize it, but yes it would have been nice.

- BMW's touch-based comfort access door lock/unlock is garbage and doesn't work half the time. My previous car was a Nissan and the comfort access was a button that you push to lock/unlock the door. worked like a charm every time. I never had to reach for the key fob like I sometimes do with the M3.

I agree that comfort access is useless. They should have spent that money on designing an AC that works like it should. which reminds me one more thing: NO cabin ambiant temperature display. I guess that is on purpose so you don't see how a shitty job the AC does to regulate temperature in the cabin.
Appreciate 0