View Single Post
      11-06-2013, 02:32 AM   #32
Robert
Major General
Rep
Drives: 135i -> is350 -> Tesla M3 perf

Was given a 2014 is250 loaner for 4 days last week. The exterior is love it or hate it, personally I like it. The RC is even more controversial, I will reserve judgement until I see one in the wild. The IS does not have clean and classic lines of a cayman but it's aggressive. The interior is lovely, very driver centric. I can rest my right on the arm rest and the gear leveler, stereo and everything is within reach with moving my arm much. The chair, whoever said is flat, is a jewel, one of the most comfortable chair I have sat in a car. No it's not Herman Miller Eames chair comfortable however I did not want to get out.

For the first time the car is also fun to drive. The 250 I had was fun to toss around even without the f-sports package. You point the steering wheel and it just goes in that direction. I do not need to man handle it like I do with my gen 2 350. Steering feedback is on par with other electric assisted steering, accurate, not much road feedback but the wheel is a pleasure to hold in you hands, not too thick, feels just right.

Interior quality is probably best in class in fit and finishing. You buy a BMW you know the energy is focused on chassis, in the Lexus it's in fit and finish. Lexus really delivered a competitive product this year.