07-14-2007, 11:12 AM   #14
E36325is
Second Lieutenant
Hong Kong
Rep
Drives: 1M coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbo View Post
Does anyone else feel the 335i owners are overly negative on the M3 and try too hard to make a point?
Exactly I drive a 335i and I am still looking forward to the E92 M3. 335i is a fine GT, with decent torque, slow steering ratio, it's great for touring around town but in terms of chassis much work needs to be done and hope the completely different M3 underpinnings (mods with the 335i only extends to the shocks and springs the M3 got a completely different rear subframe and links in the back which no ordinary 3 series can match or upgrade to)+ structural reinforcements will do the job. 335i engine is nice, but with a rather low redline, diesel like torque curve which drops quite a bit above 5k rpm, really looking forward to the M3 engine which screams to 8k + rpm. Now that's a real sports car not matter how fast the 335i with Procede can be. And also not so sure how long these Procede equipped 335i engines and drivetrain will need a major overhaul with so much unintended HP and TQ.

The 335i is a decent car but even with all the mods (which I started doing but no Procede or other chip mods for me) the whole package just won't cut it.
Appreciate 0