11-14-2008, 11:19 AM   #97
TLud
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: '12 Golf R

Quote:
Originally Posted by Congoman775 View Post
A. Its faster than a 335 which is supposed to be a 'fun' to drive car. correct me if im wrong.

B. Audi puts more stock into every day driving. I could quote countless examples of this but ill let you get creative and motivated if you want to pursue.

C. the M3 DOES have too much stuff... not all of it is practical as aposed to Audi.

D. Wow... you think the M3 is MORE comfortable than the S5? have you even BEEN in the car??

E. exactly.
I drove a friend's new S5 right before I placed the order for my M3. I agree with you that the ride in the S5 was cushier -- that's not what I was disputing. I was merely stating that I preferred the balance between ride compliance and suspension stiffness that the M3 strikes. I also thought the seats in the M3 were more comfortable, and I liked the M3's cabin ergonomics better as well.

Another point that I tried to make is that being slightly faster than a 335 in a straight does not make a car fun to drive. Personally, I've always loved how easy it is to kick out the rear end and throttle steer BMWs. The S5 handles reasonably well, and like footie says, feels a bit more secure when pushed, but that doesn't make it subjectively more "fun."

In terms of features, the only extra features that the S5 has over the M3 are the adaptive cruise control (waste), rear parking camera (also a waste -- if you can't visually park these cars yourself, you have no business driving in the first place), and Audi Side Assist (ditto).

All this falls under the adage, "Opinions are like a$$holes, everyone has one," so don't get too worked up about the fact that not everyone agrees with you here.