View Single Post
      04-14-2014, 04:08 PM   #30
slicer
Major General
Rep
Drives: 'E46 M3 Race Car, '23 X7

Quote:
Originally Posted by UBER ///M3 View Post
Yes this was an issue also the receivers barely and I mean barely go into the seat guide, but just enough to work properly. I was wondering why they were designed this way. If you look at the pics closely you can see that they barely fit in the guide. It's like they are long enough just to be forced in and not move from that position (hope you understand what I mean), but with mine they still fit snug over my lap and funtion like they were designed to. One other thing I didnt like was the seat belt recepticle wasnt thread, which made me kind of mad, so I have to get a bolt, washer, and locking nut and torque it down. I think that they should have designed them so that you can use the OEM bolt. You cant because number 1 the recepticle isnt threaded and number 2 its too freaking short for the recepticles for them. All in all it works and is 100% safe and for the track I'm using a Schroth quick fit harness
Thanks for the info. I have learned that it's never easy to fit race seats; especially if you want to maintain use of your factory 3-point seat belts. I just got a set of Schroth quick fit pro's and they seem to be very well designed. I'm excited to try them out with my OEM seats on an upcoming track day. I'm hoping that they hold me in place sufficiently to avoid going to recaro's which will negatively impact the car's utility.
'04 M3 - Fall Line Motorsports Built Race Car - S65 swap, Dry Sump, Bosch Stand-Alone ECU, Drenth Sequential Trans, MCS 3-Way, Flossmann Wide Body, Brembo Motorsports Brakes, Drexler LSD, BBS E88 Etc.
INSTAGRAM - @Slicer_M
Appreciate 0