View Single Post
      07-17-2010, 09:50 AM   #20
SantaPimp27
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: Slow homie

Out of your choices klipsch is the best. Especially for home theater. They will play super loud before they distort. It takes a doubling in power for a 3db increase in sound so sensitivity is very important. One thing to note is that many people think klipsch speakers are bright for music because they use horn tweeters. I have a pair of bookshelves and they don't fatigue my ears at all tho. (Whoever said they were warm, i've never heard that before.)

There are a lot of great speakers out there and just because you can get a good deal on these, it doesnt mean they are your best choice. Everyone gets good deals on klipsch and polk. Personally im not a big fan of polk. There are so many speaker companies out there you wouldn't believe it. I really like Paradigm for a neutral sounding speaker. They look great too.

Some good questions would be

Budget?
What speakers have you heard and liked?
Are looks important?
m
Music/HT Ratio?

For pure HT its impossible to beat Pro audio speakers. But not everyone wants them in their living room(example: JTR Triple 8's). But audiophile speakers can still make for a great HT experience. Provided you have a good sub with the system. Check out the Epik Empire. I just ordered one and its supposed to be insane performance for the money.

Finally, head over to avsforum.com they can help you out with any questions you have.