View Single Post
      12-14-2008, 11:12 AM   #9
ledclulez
Rep
Drives: e90 i35i

The failure of American Cars is a combination of failed partners in the industry.

Primarily innovation is stale if not non-existent, and the major cause of this is old CEOs with 60s style thinking doing the same thing over and over expecting a different results. UAW is not innocent either, their Union President is stuck to the past in over protecting its members, thinking that the membership drives the industry and the market is stupid.

I feel its important for the industry reduce the no. of product lines and concentrate on the ones that are profitable or have a chance to success.
These are some cars I vote to keep, CTS, Corvettte and Mustang.

Until they learn to innovate and attract the young market, their future is dim and on the wrong track.

UAW President has to get off his high horse and realize they better give up more concession and take half pay than all together not see any pay at all.
HELLLLLLLOOOOO! this there anybody home?

but to let it totally fail and collapse in its own weight is not the way to go. Once given up it would be hard to recover or start it again. Then we would now even be more depended on foreign oil.
Appreciate 0