Thread: M3 vs cayman S
View Single Post
      08-29-2009, 05:46 PM   #64
graider
Colonel
Rep
Drives: py/kiwi e46 m3

I like the m3 exaust note better. no v6/i6 can beat the sound of a high rev v8. the high rev v8 will have a combination of low rev rumble and scream at the same time. But the v6/i6 just simply scream, no rumble.

like this

or this. You don't even need to rev to redline to hear that glorious exaust note.

I say the only problem with the m3 is the weight. But that is understandable because it is built to seat 4-5 peoples comfortably and must meet crash test standard. It is a bigger car as well. If you strip this car, 2 seats, bbk, and firmer coilover. the m3 will be a beast. But for me and majority of m3 owners, the 4 seats is something we cannot give up. I cannot see myself in a cayman s because I always have my kid and wife with me at the same time. There are so many time that my parents, my brother, etc get a ride in my car.

so to give up the m3 for the cayman s, I think it is not worth it to most m3 owner because the performance is not night and day different. In some case the m3 excels such as the exaust note or straight line highway speed. On the other hand, the cayman have better handling due to the mid engine and much lighter weight. However, if it is the gt3, then i may have to sacrify the practicality and keep the m3 for the family occasion. It wouldn't make too much sense to have the m3 and the cayman s at the same time. m3 and gt3 is the proper combo.

Last edited by graider; 08-29-2009 at 06:05 PM..
Appreciate 0