Jayp0d
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: *

Deposit has been placed - 2013 ZCP

Hey Guys,

Figured I'd share the good news-

I'll be joining you all as an M3 owner in a few months!

I truly wanted to keep my 335i for 5 years, but the thought of the V8 going away was too hard to deal with. I decided to try my luck on USAA's car buying service. I wanted to get within $500 of invoice and get $33,000 (current BlackBook price) for my trade come May/June.

I floated a number to both dealers, factoring the USAA discount, BMW Financing discount, and BMW loyalty discount. Dealer #1 countered with a higher price and only $30,000 for my trade. Dealer #2 agreed to the price and countered with $32,500 for my trade. Since I was getting the car for close to invoice, I agreed.

I opted for a Jet Black Coupe, Black Extended Leather, and Carbon Fiber interior. Competition and Premium packages. DCT, Heated Seats, Enhanced Sound, Apps, and Sirius for options.

I closed the deal with BMW of Newport RI. Mike was not "sales-y" at all. This was the most painless car purchase ever (buying the 335i was a lot of haggling, back and forth between dealerships, really high-pressure sales stuff - not a fan).

I probably could've played hardball and pitted the 2 dealerships against each other in a price shootout, but honestly, I got the options I want, and the price I want. I can live with $500 less for the trade in the grand scheme of things.

So now the waiting game begins. This time it's not so bad since I'm truly blessed and have a beautiful car already. Although sometimes I think being addicted to crack would be a cheaper hobby than being addicted to Beemers

Cheers,

Fieldsy
Appreciate 0