07-27-2012, 12:20 PM   #85
aus
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Odysse

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrkhanna16 View Post
Thank you all for the input gentlemen...Which track in SoCal is the safest(has the most run offs)
The infield course is pretty safe at California Speedway. The CCA may run a school there later this year. You really need 2 days to get going.
I don't think Willow Springs big track is that safe. It has a lot of ditches and drop offs with big rocks if you go off.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwoon View Post
I agree with what most people have already mentioned. Tracking is a lot of fun, but again, check your ego at the door and go at your own pace. I believe taking your car to the limit on the track is a lot safer than canyon driving. Unless you're an adrenaline junkie and enjoy the fear of possible death on the canyon, I'd recommend heading to the tracks. Streets of Willow at Willow Springs International Raceway is a great beginner course close to the LA area.

In my experience, the cars that end up in the walls or off the track are generally the drivers in the more advanced groups who are trying to push their cars to the limit and break their own personal track records. Beginners tend to drive much slower and safer, so just make sure you sign up with the group that matches your skill level, and gradually work your way up to higher skill levels when you're more comfortable.
Agreed. All true.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mozgov View Post
Willow springs and buttonwillow are very safe. Tons of runoff and the runoff is dirt so the worst, or hopefully the worst you will have is a popped tire. I am scheduled to go to CA speedway on the 12th of August and will let you know how that goes. That will be the first time I have been there.
CA speedway is pretty damn FAST coming out of the infield. I can't say I enjoy Nascar I/II anymore. It was cool initially.

Let me get this straight... You are swapping out parts designed by some of the top engineers in the world because some guys sponsored by a company told you it's "better??" But when you ask the same guy about tracking, "oh no, I have a kid now" or "I just detailed my car." or "i just got new tires."
Appreciate 0