View Single Post
      06-16-2013, 09:21 PM   #31
DaveDee
Major
Rep
Drives: BMW X5M Comp

Garage List
Track Day – Thursday For those coming along
The weather is shaping up for a spectacular day out at Willowbank on Thursday and will be hopefully a bit overcast.

Please be there and ready to register in the office at 11am, then sign an indemnity with me and park up in the pits
At 11.30 there is a drive brief in the lecture room which includes safety and the racing lines at QR, this will be presented by Doug Chapple. For those who have not driven at QR before this is essential, for others if you arrive later please make sure your paperwork is complete before driving.
After that a bit of time for lunch and to check out the other cars and meet the other drivers on the day. Please don’t forget to bring plenty of water and something to eat as the canteen may not be open that day

A few things to remember:
QR requires long sleeves, long pants, covered shoes and a helmet when driving on the track.
Helmets are available to hire for $5.00 if you don’t have one

Make sure your CTP is extended for the day to cover you for liability on the track.

If you are bringing a GoPro or similar camera and using a suction mount, QR requires a backup lanyard to prevent the camera coming off on the track (if externally mounted) as there have been incidents out there of cameras coming of cars and hitting the car behind.

Let me know if you want photos or videos of you and/or your car and Diane will take photos for you. Also if you don’t want any photos of your car or you on social media as part of the day, please let me know. Daniel from Downshift will likely be there too taking some great shots as usual

We will be officially starting on track at 12.30pm and go through to 5pm. There are some servos near QR and it would be a good idea to fill up before going on track as your MPG is going to drop big time.

We may have a couple guests out there driving … Justin Wade in his E90 M3 race car and possibly and entry from Tekno performance.
Any questions feel free to give me a call (0434 555 660) or send me an email: david@circuitmaster.com.au
Look forward to another great day out there and seeing you all again... If you just feel like coming out for a look or to meet some of the guys please feel free

Testing out the audio gear for the day follows :-)

Appreciate 0