Greeney
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Jerez E90 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by footie View Post
F10 535i
Very good car indeed, but needs the right rim/suspension combination to be so. When equipped with 19" and adaptive suspension it not only ride and handles extremely well (read better than a Jag XF) but it also steers well if a little light. Best interior in class and a very pretty car to look at.

Personally I think this is the best 5er in years but it's the first time in years that the E-class is up to the task of offering stiff competition. Tricky choice.

F10 530d
Read above, only with an engine which I reckon suits the character of the car even better.

Jaguar XJ 3.0d
Lord where do I start with this one. It's exterior is very elegant and extremely well design with lovely details everywhere. Pictures don't do it justice but it does suit darker shades. Now to the interior, lordy, lordy, this is without doubt my favourite interior, build is top class and combines traditional British/Italian flair with the latest gizmos beautifully, it's B&W stereo needs to be heard to be believed, this is 'the' best OEM stereo you will ever hear .... period.

Next the driving experience, it's the first in class that gives the impression that neither sportiness or luxury has compromised the other as is the case with the others. Overall an amazing machine.

Porsche Cayenne S, Diesel & Hybrid
The new Cayenne is not only the best SUV on the Market but it could be described as one best overall cars to drive. How the hell Porsche makes this thing corner is beyond me, it's sportscar good from something weighing over 2 ton and with a CoG that physically shouldn't be possible. It steers great, offers near luxury ride quality with comfort setting or remarkably level cornering in sports mode, the 8sp Auto is very quick witted and silky smooth.

Then there's the looks, this has to be the first time anyone has described a Cayenne as pretty but genuinely this is a very good looking SUV, right up there with the best. Then there's the interior, giving it a Panamera dash/centre consule has given the Cayenne the best interior in class bar none. With full leather it's glorious and luxurious.

S model is quick but thirsty, the Hybrid is a non starter in my opinion, which leaves the Diesel the best in range, excluding the turbo of course but at near double the price I think it's in a different league for most people.
So I assume you're getting the Cayenne?