06-23-2011, 09:07 AM   #66
stefan
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: M2 Comp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nelrock View Post
There's enough electronics in this car...if BMW wanted to limit or prohibit something...they could.
They advertise a high reving engine...and they included launch control.
If use of either voids the warranty, then they should expressly stated that. Launch control has nothing more than a casual statement saying something to the effect that overuse "could" lead to premature part wear.

I'm standing by some other modification was done to this vehicle. Otherwise, I think the OP has a good court case.
Exactly. That is why VDC was removed from GTRs, after a short period where they revised the manual to say "if you use this feature; your warranty is void".

Anyway, subframes shouldn't break. Not even with launches. It's RWD. Furthermore it's an M. Dunno where you guys are hearing that OP did clutch dumps but lets say he just used launch control. Would that be OK? Doesn't say that it should void warranty (only that it should be avoided to use it often).

Personally.. I wouldn't launch my vehicle. I wouldn't even use launch control. For me it's never saved me any time at autox or anything. Makes more sense to be gentle/smooth. Just my 2c anyway..

I think OP has a case here. Dealership does not want to pay $9K. That is all.