United_States
Rep
Drives: like grandma

Garage List
2014 BMW 550xi  [0.00]
2011 E92 M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by WRXXX View Post
Yet you managed to drive an M3 without crashing. Must be nice to have something like that fall on your lap without actually working for it.
You don't know what you're talking about. Nothing I own fell into my lap. I work for everything I have. I'll thank you not to make baseless assumptions about me.

And what does a jump start have to do with driving ability? Plenty of mechanics can't drive for crap; I assume you haven't seen the numerous stories of SA's crashing customer cars.

Quote:
Originally Posted by W/// View Post
Yea, everytime you jump start a car, yours might end up looking like that Lambo...

Serious question: How can you consider yourself a car guy if you don't even know how to give someone a jump?
Isn't that how the Aventador caught fire on that test drive? Lol.

Seriously, I've never had to give anyone a jump with my M3 (or vice versa) and I don't carry jumper cables with me. I've done it in the past with different cars (like Hondas and such). I'd have to read the manual, though I imagine it's pretty easy. I can change all my wheels myself (though it's a pain in the ass), change the oil, various fluids, install trim/accessories/sound systems, etc. so I'm not inept.

------
However, I wouldn't feel great about giving a jump-start to someone's rusty old beater unless it was a genuine emergency. There's really no upside for me, just the potential for damaging my electrical system somehow. It's just not worth it.

Besides, isn't that what tow trucks and AAA are for? I wouldn't want to take work from a hard-working tow truck driver. By the same token, I wouldn't impose on a stranger by asking them for a jump (unless I was stranded in the middle of nowhere w/o cell reception).

Quote:
Originally Posted by konaforever View Post
I know who not to ask for a jump start now!
I'd give a jump to anyone who drives a GT-R, if they had the cables.

Last edited by ///Mperative; 10-31-2012 at 02:29 PM..
Appreciate 0