08-12-2010, 07:08 PM   #1
mclarenmaniac
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: Porsche, BMW, Mini

Issues after break in service

Guys,
I had my early breakin service today at 900 miles. its a 3.5 months old baby.

1. Is it OK to have the service done at 300 miles before the actual 1200 miles or breakin period?

2. The Oil level was upto the Max line before the service now its little below the max line. When i asked why it shows like this. The technician told me that he put 9 quarts of Castrol Oil and gave me One saying that if it shows the same level after driving for couple of days, i could add one more. If still it stays at the same level then something could be wrong with the measuring sensor. Now thats dissapointing. Is this Normal?

3. After driving for few miles i realised that the windows were not rolling down when pushing the buttons. Also the doors were not closing properly when opened once... So i went back to the service.They said some electric fuse could have burned out. After four hours they fixed it saying that electric fuse had to be replaced and control module had to be reset.

4. Fine, now when i drove back home in Auto Mode (D2), i noticed that car was making "Click" sound everytime the car was downshifting while coming to a stop at the signal. Its like you can hear the gear changes. The sound was similar to the one you get when shifting from Neutral to D or S mode.
Should i get it checked again at the service or is this a normal behavior after service???????

thanks for your help!
Appreciate 0