Thread: Holy Sh*t Rain!
View Single Post
      10-15-2012, 08:58 AM   #1
klammer
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 11 spc gry m3 e90, 19 X5

Spent this past weekend up at Road America in pretty horrible conditions, but felt it was one of the best weekends in terms of becoming a better driver as these were not easy conditions. Pouring rain, winds up to 20 mph, and mid 40's That being said, with the windows up and pitting under the fixed awnings at the start of the front straight (good call Matt) was fairly protected from the elements. Really felt like I had to listen to the car and search for the grip out there, but some turns were just horrible, 3, 7, 14 for eg. Oddly enough, felt I had the most grip on the track going round the carousel on the outside, but was a bit scary on the edge in those conditions. Here's a clip from day 2, and did improve by about 10 seconds in pretty similar conditions by searching out the grip in, sometimes, unlikely places. Great learning experience and yeah, I'm listening to the radio

Was crazy how much DSC was kicking in on the straights, not the corners as much. Relieved to have made it out in one piece.A 991 was getting flatbedded back as I left. Cya next year RA!